GKI introduces our latest product for newly hired Home Visitors, prior to becoming GK Certified. As Home Visitors interact with the Great Kids-Great Start E-Learning Units they build foundational knowledge and skills, resulting in families receiving relationship-based, child-focused, family-driven and strengths-enhancing visits.
The primary purpose of the Great Kids-Great Start (GK-GS) E-Learning Course is to provide just enough Growing Great Kids Curriculum-related training and materials for family visits to set the stage for Home Visitors to have meaningful, relationship-focused, family-driven and child-centered visits prior to their participation in a comprehensive GGK Certification Seminar, required by GGK Licensing Terms and Conditions.
GK-GS is designed to build introductory knowledge and skills in the following areas:
1) Relationship-Focused Practice…How to develop relationships with parents and other significant family members that will demonstrate the Home Visitor genuinely cares about them while sparking parents’ interest in participating in your program
2) Structuring visits with a primary focus on fostering secure parent-child attachments and optimal childhood development
3) Using the Accentuating The Positives Communication Strategy to build feelings of confidence and competence in parents
4) Using the Problem Talk Strategy when families present a concern
5) Using a “GGK Conversation Guide” to: learn about what families already know and their opinions regarding what is important to them; to interactively share information; to engage family members in exploring solutions to problems they bring to you; to bring attention to strengthening the parent-child relationship; and to build parenting skills for supporting their child’s development.
Follow this link on our website to order:
You selected to get the course Great Kids Great Start (GKGS - 100). Please Login to get it.